Question

prism21

What are my approval odds for a credit card if I only make 11k?
Background info: I'm 22, currently have an OpenSky Secured card for $200, applied for the Discover It Secured credit card with a limit of $300 2 days ago (approved), and I work retail part time which means I only make around $11,000 a year.

I want to have an unsecured card so i can feel "adulty" (aka start building credit now to prepare for the future) and I know I could handle having one, as I have had my OpenSky card for 10 months and only spend $8-10 on gas per month (I never use it to fill up my whole tank) -- HOWEVER, I'm terrified of being denied for a card because my income is so pathetically low. I want to do it on my own, without mommy and daddy's, help which is why I went the secured card route to start off.
- I have my debit card with Chase, so I want the Chase Freedom card AND/OR the AmEx blue cash credit card eventually.
According to Credit Karma, both my EQ and TU scores are 721 (not sure if this will take a hit after my Discover secured card approval) and I keep seeing "very good" approval odds for certain cards, but I'm wondering how accurate that is for someone who makes potato salary?
Sorry for the long-winded question.

Chase offers a pre qualified card offer section on their website, and if I remember correctly Amex does also. These are soft inquiries and won't affect your credit score if denied. A 680 score is the minimum for the Chase Freedom. Since you already have a banking relationship with Chase, I think that would be a good place to start, providing your account is in good standing.