Question

44Harvey44

What are Credit Karma's recommendations based upon?
How can I save money when my present cards are not costing me anything and I'm getting cash back?

Credit Karma Recommends Higher Rate Card

Are you aware that CreditKarma.com and/or its sponsors are actually recommending transferring balances from low rate cards to cards with substantially higher APRs following some kind of  "calculations" based on exisiting balances?

The recommendations are provided by the site sponsors (you did know that internet web sites cost money, didn't you?) and are based on what is reported for you here and most likely if you paid minimum payments on the bill.  I don't pay much attention to the recommendations since I pay way more than required every month, and will be down to ka zero balance soon.