Question

xithompson

What am I to do if a service didn't start and now on credit report?
A phone company that I applied for, they never did turn on my home phone and now Its on my credit report in collections. How am I suppose to get this off my credit.

This is not a credit issue, but a legal issue. You need to contact the service and request the reason for which they rely upon to charge you anything for a service that was never installed, and demand that the charge be taken off since the service did not meet their obligation. You will need to be prepared to take legal action against the service if they fail to adjust your account and remove the item from your credit file.

You could dispute the item on your report but since it is your account it will not be acted on by the credit bureau.