Question

asims87

what am I suppose to do about accounts closed as derogatory ?
I have 2 accounts that just where closed to derogatory Jan.9, 2015. I just at the beginning of this year got the totals for these accounts and within 9 days from getting the totals this happens. I do not know what this means exactly and I wanna know what I am suppose to do about this and how can I improve my credit score from this? Thank You for any advice I definitely appreciate it.

What to do about derogatory accounts

The law requires creditors to contact you and provide a 30 day window of time to respond before reporting an item on your credit.  I'm sure you can see th epotential for all sorts of things to go wrong in that process (Slow / disappearing mail / less than scrupulous credits who fail to notify, etc.).

Once the information is there, you must work to challenge the accuracy of the information.  Only information that is 100% accurate, 100% verifiable, and within the time frames allowed to report should be present on your credit.  I highly recommend working with a credit expert to perform this task for you.  A consultation with most credit improvement companies is complimentary and as the old saying goes, "you don't know what you don't know" and the same applies when working to challenge the accuracy of the credit file.

Let me know if you need further assistance or answers - glad to help.