Question

sab09c

What agency is MERCHANTSCOL and how can I contact them?

Most Helpful Response

Merchants Assoc Collection: 134 S. Tampa St   Tampa, Fl   33602

They are a collection agency that deals mostly with hospital/medical bills

Look those credit reports over very thoroughly and file disputeson all WRONG information with the credit bureau reporting it.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed items.

If I remember correctly, Merchantscol is a collection agency on the low end of the ethics spectrum.  They buy packages of out-of-statute (uncollectable) debts and try collecting the original amount owed.  And, if you are not already getting calls and/or letters from them, this is likely an erroneous entry, which is not uncommon on credit reports.

Check your credit reports once a year to make sure the information is correct.

kredit karma?

originally this wasn't on my report. 2nd time it was. i went to the website reccommended.. no phone # for this so called collector. yet the agency's in charge of american's credit doesn't take the time to verify the information given by these bogus agencies. no.. it's up to the individual, 2 write, call, take hrs. sometimes months, to clear these irronious charges on an american workers credit report.  it's time the credit bureau's take responsibility for the part they play in the destruction of a citizon trying to work. provide a home and safe vehicle, and health, and dental care 4 a family. @ 56 yrs. i still strugle, due to an accident in 2004. i got behind. im settled my debts minus the interest in 2010. yet being responsible 4 my debt. showed up as paid . but not enouggh. & stays on 4 7 more yrs. why bother at all. the debt would have gone away in 7 yrs anyway. credity reports. run american bankers into high profits, & hard workers into poverty.....

lvindc77

very true.  society allow very little mistakes for humans who are flawed and have imperfect situations.  However, I put my trust in God.  He is bigger than any credit score.  Hope this helps you. 

contact info

thanks to breezy for actually providing the info asked

Get a copy of your full report from annualcreditreport.com and everything is listed from employers to old addresses to creditor contact information.

how do you dispute entries on your credit report? I have a few, I have been victim of idenity theft.