Question

ihasbadcredit

What accounts are used to determine age?
Specifically here on CK. It says my credit age is 9 months, a score of F, for 5 accounts. I just opened a new account, I went from F to D for total accounts, but my age is still 9 months... though this did just happen in the past week.

I have 3 cards currently, 13 months, 7 months, and now 0 months. Anything else would be old credit or debt and they don't have a list that I can find, if an old auto loan is part of it I'm in doo doo because it is dropping off within a year.

Most Helpful Response

Bad debt should drop off within 7 years. However, there is no restriction on how long an item that is positive can stay on your credit. All accounts are used to determine your credit age. This is a calculation on how old your accounts are and how long you have been making payments on the accounts. They probably are giving the average age on all the accounts you have.

CK caclulates age of open accts only. the bureaus calculate age of all accounts on report. big difference. CK should change this - until then just ignore your "F".