Question

ShayBella53

What about things that the credit rating companies don't consider?
My current credit card debt is interest free for a year, my retirement savings are quite high and my house is almost paid for.

Credit score

Lenders (Especially mortgage) consider things like your debt to income ratio.  So, it does have an impact in those areas.  The balance on your home is also considered in the scoring model though to what degree or impact is anyone's guess.

The scoring model takes more into consideration that probably anyone knows but there are plenty of things it doesn't.  In the future "Reputation economy" will play a much larger factor in what risk you represent but for now those 3 numbers tell the lenders how much risk you are.  It is what it is.  

Credit Score

I really do think that in the near future, the items that I mentioned in my first comments will have to be considered to get an accurate picture of a persons true credit score.  The system, in my opinion is more than a little out of whack.