Question

suprised

went to buy a car based on my Credit Karma scores. Found my scores were much lower.
Credit Karma showed 2 scores. Both other 680. Car dealer showed me fico score and equifax score over a 100 points lower. Couldn't buy the car. Why aren't these scores accurate and why isn't the fico score shown.

Most Helpful Response

CreditKarma scores are Vantage scores.  Must everyone uses Fico scores to judge your credit.  Before you app for any kind of credit you should know what your FICO score is.

The scores here are calculated using the Vantage scoring matrix and these scores are just for use with the financial tools on this EDUCATIONAL site, which is what Credit Karma is.  CK is here to teach people about credit, that is all.  If you want a FICO score, go to myFICO.com and pay the fee they request.  And every business has their own way of calculating a credit score.  Here, my scores were in the low 700s.  My credit union did their calculations and issued a pre-approved voucher so I could do some car shopping, a treat that was not possible 10 years ago.  I learned a lot from this site and the benefits have been outstanding!