Question

rcackert85

Went to a dealership to buy first car. Dealership ran my credit to 15 banks without telling me.
Is there any way to remove them? After this, my credit keeps coming back as too many inquiries.

Most Helpful Response

file a dispute with the CRA's

you did not authorize them to run your credit that many times.  and legally they can't with out your permission. 

File a dispute with the credit reporting agencies.  you can do it online at their resective websites or you may even try calling, sometime you get a better outcome if you reach a sympathetic ear.   ask that they review the inquiries and consolodate them into 1 inquiry since they all came from the same dealership on the same day.  there is no guarantee but it's worth a try.   

Good luck '

If the inquiries were all done within the same 30 day period, then it only counts as one inquiry with regards to your credit score.  Inquiries are 10% of your credit score.

Having them all show up at once still looks bad. I really didnt apprechiate what they did. After leaving I went to a different dealership and they said when they ran my report it came up immediatly with too many inquieres.