Question

Charmed87

Went to a car dealer they ran my credit after i said not to dropped my score 120 anything I can do?
Hi, so i went to a car dealer a few weeks ago. I knew what my score was and told them NOT to run my credit and they did anyway. It drop my score a 120 on one and 61 on the other. Is there anything I can do to get my score back up or legal steps I should take?

Did you sign any documents and did you provide them with your social security number and personal information. Telling the sales person doesn't make its way to the finance team.  You should never provide personal information until you are ready to complete the process.   You could go back to the dealer to inquire why they ran your credit when you clearly told them not to.  You may request that they retract the hard inquiries.   You may also have to write them certified  letters stating you did not authorize the credit pulls and request that they retract them.