Question

makedao

well it affect my credit score any with my student loans being put in forbearance instead of default

Don't Default!

Yes! For the better! A forbearance is just a postponement of your payments. A default is basically the company saying that they've tried and you have no intentions on paying the loan. It is difficult and may take a while to get it back in a normal payment status if you default. I know because I'm dealing with a defaulted student loan and I wish I had known the difference earlier. It effects everything, from your credit score to your ability to get student loans in the future. Do not let your loans default if you're concerned about your credit. Go with the forbearance, and after your forbearance period ends, make sure you set up a payment amount/plan that you can really commit to monthly. Most of the time they're willing to help you, as long as they're getting SOMETHING every month. Hope this helps!