Question

Catsmeow9315

Weird things on my credit report
When checking my credit report I noticed a name that is not mine that was checked, an address for a state I have never been to, and questions about loans I have never taken out. What do I do & how do I know if the loan questions are just to narrow me down.

what website are you on? if you go on major credit bureaus websites  You do have to answer questions about yourself before you can see your personal info. they might even try to trick you by asking questions about things you have never opened. But once inside if you see anything that does not pertain to you you should dispute the info. Credit karma has a dispute option as well as the major credit bureaus. typre the credit bureau name then type dispute next to it on search bar. Goodluck!

If you dealt with this when setting up an account here on Credit Karma, they were just security questions and nothing to really worry about. Now, if you see incorrect information on your credit reports, then you would need to dispute the info with the credit bureaus. You can get one free hard copy report per year for each credit bureau at annualcreditreport, so you may want to check those to be sure everything is accurate on your reports. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites if you need to dispute anything.