Question

dslafta

Weird Credit Alert
i have recieved this notice: PERSONAL A new employer has been listed on your credit report. However, I can't find this information listed anywhere on my details and in addition...I don't have a new employer. Please advise.

Check your credit reports.

Go to freeannualreport.com and get all 3 credit reports.  Go over them carefully and file a dispute on each item you know is not yours with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete.  Make it a habit to check your credit reports every year so that all information on them is true.

New Employers Come Up from Applications

I only see a "new" employer list on my reports when I file a new application for credit -- otherwise my creditors aren't aware of employer changes, and my employer doesn't report directly to the bureaus that they're my employer. My employer didn't show up at all on my report until I got a new credit card 2 years ago. You might want to check if you filed a new credit application within the past few months -- it's probably the source of that "new" employer.