Question

ndl810

We filed chapter 13 12/2010. We still have not received a release as of 4/29/2017.
This is due to our Trustee overpaying creditors. Is this normal/legal??

An amount of the payment should have been reflected in the court documents.   The Trustee should be in compliance with those amounts and if they are paying more than was reflected by the court, you may need to seek the courts intervention to have the matter corrected.   For determination of legal, you should be consult with your bankruptcy attorney for review.

Thats why you need a bankcrupcy attorney, I just send my last payment and my attorney is going to sk the trustee for a audit so the discharge comes quickly. I no longer have to pay the trustee either, just my mortage since is my only active account....... Are you still sending payments to the trustee? they have to refund you anything extra they took, I hope you kept receipts of the payments.