Question

rbook1952

Way past due on a credit card i can't pay because of my ex charging things without my knowledge .
There's $10,500 on it and I'm afraid they will pursue me legally, but can't pay it at the moment - any advice?

Continued

I had my soon-to-be ex-wife served for divorce in the beginning of October of 2014. Within 5 days after that, i then discovered that she had left me in about $31,000 of debt, all in my name.  Things were tight for a little while, but i got about $17,000 of it payed off by Christmas of 2014. It's taken me since then to pay off another $4,000, leaving me about $10,000 to go, and all of that is on one credit card that I've had for almost 4 years now. I haven't been making payments on it since i found out about it in the beginning of October, because hey - making a payment on that want going to help keep the lights on. However, I'm now worried that they might pursue me legally, and don't know what to do - can anyone please please please offer any advice?

I don't know what to say besides contact the card company and try to work out payments that you can afford. Depending on your credit situation maybe you could get a loan with lower monthly payments to pay it off. I would hate to say file bankruptcy for only 10k worth of debt especially since you've already paid most of it off. Do you have anything you can sell to generate some money? Can you get a second job or work more hours at your current job?