Question

wispothewillows

Water was supposed to be disconnected. It wasnt. Landlord ran bill up to $850. How can I fix it?
Three years ago I called the water service when I moved and requested that my water service be disconnected. I just checked my credit and found an $850 debt in collections. Apparently the owner of the property felt free to run the bill up when the water company didn't disconnect. He did the same thing to the people who lived there before me. We had to call and get the previous tenants water turned off. How can I get this fixed?

Most Helpful Response

You can dispute it with the water company and all three bureaus.  It would help a lot if you had anything to back up your story.  To dispute with the bureaus, visit www.annualcreditreport.com.