Question

HonestSharon

watching credit scores.
I don't think Credit Karma is staying on top of things. How can you remove things from the credit report then put them right back on the same day... That would count for new bad credit reporting and make your credit score go down... I have faithfully watched this site... and there is no way that my credit can be going down. Once in chapter 13 you must make payments on time, or they no longer will allow you to improve your credit or have credit relief... I am paying off my debt and have been for over a year... you report these things like I am making new debt. You are not allowed to make new debt when in chapter 13. My husband died and I had no choice but to file, court ordered. But I didn't take the easy way out, I am making payments to the court to pay back debt. What you recently did hurt my credit. And could make the courts question what I am doing. This site may be free, but as in free nothing comes without a price... 14 payments made 22 to make, shows I am doing what I am to do... I pay high rates for insurance because he died, and left me with debt. I think the banks need to judged by their bail out and they should have to report their credit ratings...

Hi Sharon, Credit Karma is "not" a credit bureau; so it really doesn't matter if that are 100% accurate or not. They are just a monitoring site that offers their own personal opionion of what your score should be. Also your credit will go down with a chapter 13 since your trustee will not report the payments to the credit bureaus. They will only report when the chapter is paid in full. Also Ck retreives your credit info from Transuion, so if you see anything that don't look right, just write a dispute letter to Transuion to clear up your file.