Question

stevenelijah777

was told i needed a deposit as i had unpaid bill
I have had Cox Cable for 18 years.Tried to switch to Century link and they said i had outstanding balance from 2007 of $300.from credit check..they want $200 deposit.

my report

me again..i can find no such thing on my credit report.my credit is 699 and wifes is 760

Pay the deposit or go with another provider. They don't have to explain or prove anything.
This outstanding balance...is it an open collection on your credit report? If it is, then it shouldn't be there if it's really from 2007. If that's the case, contact the bureaus and dispute it.