Question

Roro44

Was approved for Nordstrom card while ringing purchase but my limit was my total
I made a $302 purchase at Nordstrom and was going to use my Capitol one card to pay. Sales lady convinced me to open an account and I was approved for my whole purchase. I just found out today that my limit is $300 so I'm already at 100% for this new card. What's the best way to pay this slowly and get credit so eventually I can be eligible for a CLI? I'm concerned that I'm maxed out and just opened card. My current score is 603 and I'm trying to raise it.

That's not uncommon.  They do want you to have the store card so they can also benefit by getting the higher interest rate on the finance charge (my Macy's is at 24%) so you don't want to pay this off slowly, but as fast as possible, then lock it away.  It takes a long while for the store to close the account due to non-usage, so it's credit limit will help your credit score even if you don't use it again.