Question

las920

WARNING ABOUT CREDIT ONE
Do NOT under any circumstance sign up for ANY of CREDIT ONE's preapproved cards. They are a complete rip-off. They charge you late fees before you get your statement, their website is frequently down so you can't check your statement. They apply finance charges before your get your statement also. I've actually paid them the day I made a purchase and they still charged me service fees and other fees and then charged me a late fee again! I despise this company and their nasty tactics. You will NOT help your credit score with these scammers. You will find that they actually make it WORSE. BE WARNED!!!!!!!!

Most Helpful Response

Correction

Click reviews at the top bar, not credit cards, then filter to credit cards.  Sorry for the mistake there.  You can use the credit card tool though to search for a more favorable card to build credit with. Just make sure you do some research before applying to make sure it's a better deal.

It's pretty common knowledge that some subprime cards (or more specificially their issuers) are basically loan sharks.  This isn't the right place to share your experience though, as it's likely only a few people will read this, as this is a Q&A forum.  If you click Credit Cards on the top navagation bar, then search for the card you got, you'll be able to leave a review that will be seen by the people you're trying to warn.

In CreditOne's defense. They were the only ones to give me an unsecured credit card after I completed 5 years of payments in Chapter 13. Yes, there was a charge but I was willing to pay that to start rebuilding my credit and I paid it off right away. They are very straight forward if you read all the terms. They start charging interest the minute you make a charge. They make it very easy to pay online. Thier site has never been downfor me but if I try to make a payment that is more than my current balance they won't accept it. After 3 months they upped my limit from $400 to $550 without a fee. They report to the credit bureaus as promised. I am keeping it for the year I paid for. It will cost me $1 a month ( their minimum finance charge) I will make a small purchase every month and pay it off so they continue to show I have current payments. After the year, I will not continue to use it but since I got the card, Capital One has given me an unsecured card with a 1K limit. If you are wanting to rebuild your credit, I don't think CreditOne is all that bad. They took a chance. My cresit score went up 80 points after 3 months using them.