Question

richiemiami

Warehouse collections on my credit
I was using a warehouse that was in my sister's name. There was an issue where I had to remove her name from the lease but I did not want to put my name on the lease for a few issues one being that I was not planning on staying there too much longer. So I was staying there seemingly month to month when I was told by them that I needed to either sign the lease of leave. I left and then found that had a collections on credit. I never received anything via mail nor had any correspondence via lawyer or anyone. When I called them they seem to be very well versed in this like theyve done it more than one time and when asked for the contract that I signed they gave me a contract with no date only a signature and no witnesses. not to mention the signature is not mine. originally the bill was like 600 it's now 1700 and they will not take any partial payments period they are very adimant that if I don't pay the complete amount that it will stay on my credit forever

You wouldn't have been able to have your sister's name removed from the lease without someone taking responsibility.  If indeed you did not sign this document, you should be proactive in dealing with this company and not wait for them to complete any further collections against you.  You should probably contact an attorney for advice and handling of the situation.   You should dispute the collection if you have a copy of the original lease that you did not sign to show who was responsible for the lease and for the duration of the lease.