Question

Kcgirl06

Wanting to apply for a chevron gas card
I filed bankruptcy and was discharged February 2014. My cs then was a 530. It has improved to a 660 in the last few months. I opened credit with a jewelry store and furniture stores that guarantee credit and these thing help my score so much. Now I want to try and apply for a chevron gas card but I'm scared that I will be denied. Should I take the risk or wait a bit longer before applying for this card?

I suggest that you wait a little longer

I regularly tell folks to wait 6 months between opening new accounts.  

Also with those new accounts,  You want to pay off at least 70% before appling for any new credit.  

Jewelry & furniture stores have much higher interest rates so you will probably want to make extra large payments on those and get them paid down quickly.   

I once had a Chevron card and gasoline credit cards also have high interest so I usually use Visa or cash to buy gas (especially if the station offers discounts for cash..