Question

Daixay

Want an Amazon Visa card, but I have a short credit history?
I want to apply for the Amazon Visa card for the gift card and the point benefits. However, I just started building credit. Currently, I have a secured Capital One card with a credit limit of $200 with no reward program, which I had obtained about 3 months ago. I have made all my payments on time, no accounts in collections, and a CK score of 734, Vantage score of 694. What are my chances of being approved? Any advice?

Most Helpful Response

Amazon is through Chase so highly unlikely given they require 2 years minimum of credit history but with 734 you might have a chance worse case you get denied lose 5-7 points best case senerio you get approved $500-$1000 CL

Thank You Jrhenry11

Thank you for this info. It seems as if the credit card companies are playing russian roulette with everyone's credit. I personally have over 10 inquiries on my credit report. I did not know that it lowered your rating...after all...why would it? Several of them are offers that I TURNED DOWN (again...not knowing the consequences). Everytime I order something from Amazon, they offer this cc with a $50 discount or gift. It's very tempting, however I have a goal of a 900 credit rating and less than 1.5 years of credit history. Your post let me know that I would not be approved. THANK YOU! I would have added yet another inquiry even though I have perfect payment history (short to them...long to me. LOL!).