Question

bigcuban

Want a newer car what should I do
Okay, I need some help. I'm thinking of getting a newer car somewhere between 2013 and 2015. I have a question though with it in reference to my credit. My current credit is at 696 at the moment according to CK, Discover also tells me my FICO which I had a 730, I have no clue what my Experian is.

I currently have 3 credit cards. One with Citi which I only owe 405.00 out of $1,000. I have a Discover card where I owe 170.00 out of 2,000, and then I have a Chase which I have 0 APR until October which I owe the most, 1,780 out of 2,000. I hear that if I can somehow raise my credit score to above 730 or so I should be able to probably receive an APR of under 3% or so. So here is my question I have 440.00 that I can use right now to pay off some debt I'm hoping if I do that it will raise my credit score quite a bit here is my question do I pay off Citi completely? If I pay it all off will my score soar quite a bit? Or should I worry about cc utilization and instead put those 440.00 toward my Chase card and lower my utilization on one card? What will help my credit more?

Your best bet would be to pay

all of them down to below 30%. 

The citi card is around 40%  pay $100 to get that down, The chase is the one that will need the most so pay what you have left towards that. That would get that below 75%. over all  that would get you closer to 50%.  

Be aware that even if those payments are made they may not report for another 30 days so don't rush out to try and score a loan right away.  Also you might consider "Pre-quailifing" for the loan in advbance so that you know what you can afford to spend on a new car, and limit the number of inquiries on your report. 

Good luck.