Question

dech1213

Waiting for updated material and changes
Hi, I had a bankruptcy 4 years ago. I understand the 7 year waiting period. What I don't get is why they took the credit cards that was in the bankruptcy and it shows them as being open and not paid. I should have 1 credit card which I pay in advance, our rent and utilities we pay in advance and that's it. We did a short sale on our house which doesn't show up, so we have no bills. We pay cash for everything. Why is my credit still showing POOR?

If you have no good credit, then your score will be poor.  If the credit cards that were included in the bankruptcy were paid through the BK, then you'll need to dispute the open unpaid status with the creditors and bureaus to get  it corrected.  Visit www.credit.about.com and look at "Rebuilding Credit" for more info.  Best of luck!