Question

352Fella

Wait for removal off credit report or pay off debt?
I currently have an outstanding bill of $713 owed to a creditor. I've received a letter from the creditor today, with different options to pay the amount in full. This particular debt is schedule to be removed from my credit report in April of this year. Will I be affected, positively or negatively, if I pay the debt off before it's removed? Or should I just wait until April, when it will be removed completely? Thanks for the help!

What Clairissa said it spot on.  Debts only stay on your report for 7 yrs then drop off.  (sometimes they need a little nudging)  but if you make any sort of payment now, that 7 yr clock restarts.

Question

Wait for it to fall off