Question

evabrown20

wage garnishments
How can I see if a debt is in wage garnishment? I had a civil suit filed against me and have been making payments but I don't see it on my report.

Most Helpful Response

If your wages were being garnished, you would know because your paycheck would be significantly smaller than normal.  Any creditor MUST notify you and  your employer in advance before garnishing your wages. If you've been making payments they have no reason to garnish your wages.

On your credit file, it should show up in the "public records" section. Most garnishments will not show the payments being made, only the remaining balance.....

wage garnishment

does this go on your credit report?they allready had a judgement on my report an it came off for this debit