Question

donarba86

VW credit late payment removal
Out of 321 payments reported on my credit report, I have 1 30 day missed payment. I've worked diligently to make sure I didn't have any on there as we are trying to purchase a home. My score isn't perfect, but it was good, until last month when that missed payment hit my report.

I did in fact miss the payment. At first, it was due to VW Credit's site being down, of at least their processing. I told myself I'd try again in a day or so. Well, being a sleep deprived new parent, I simply forgot and as soon as I went on to pay the next months payment, I paid both and got hit with a late fee. I thought that was it. I never received a call, email or letter about it being late, so I figured I was in the clear of getting nailed on my credit report by them. I've leased with VW Credit for last 6 years and never missed a payment.

Now, in the process of buying a home, the mortgage broker wants to see that late payment gone. It's not helping our rare whatsoever. I emailed and sent a physical letter asking for s goodwill adjustment. They declined.

What else can I do?

Most Helpful Response

"The only way for that late payment to be gone is to wait it out."  - Wrong!   have had these removed in the past ,  you just need to work at it and know the internal rules the company have on late payments. 

"sign up for auto payments." - Never Sign up for Autopayments,   you lose control.  Never Ever put a payment on auto pilot,  you will forget about it. Check Each and check each and everyone of your Bill's  EVERY MONTH!

CALL THEM ON THE PHONE! ! !

Tell them the same thing you said here. 

Good Luck

donarba86

Other than what I've stated here, is there anything else I should say/mention? I really need this off for the mortgage company. 

icuhowie

just be upfront with them.  They have heard every story under the sun.

The only way for that late payment to be gone is to wait it out.   If you requested and they declined your request, there is little you can do.  While it does not help you today, with each creditor, sign up for auto payments.   This way, no matter what you forget to do, it gets done for you.  Usually those that offer auto pay, if you pay earlier than the due date, they forgo the auto pay.  Be certain you know the creditors business rules on this first, as not all offer the same.  They may actually accept your early payment and make the auto pay as well.   When we are late, we should not always rely on the creditor to notify us.  Its good business, however, if you had signed up for electronic communications, that message could well have been sitting in your inbox on their website. 

faidros

If you sign up for auto payment and they faile to process the payment, at least you have a better chance of them making adjustment based on their internal error.   Just be certain you are timely in communicating their error.