Question

MichiganRO

vlose to 7 years, Should I contact chase or wait for it to fall off?
Can someone provide some advice

chase card
close Feb 2008
balence owed $2811
Charged off as bad debt canceled by the grantor
Last reported March 2017

Should I contact chase or wait for it to fall off? Will it fall off? Any chance I can get it reinstated?

Most Helpful Response

its written off

theres nothing you should do.  They've taken the loss and written it off on their taxes.  It will continue to appear on your report as a closed account for 7 years from the date that they took the write off.  

You should receive a 1099 for it from chase as unearned income.  Don't avoid it on your taxes,  The IRS will come after you for the tax if you don't report it.

First, you are listing a closed date of 2008, I am not sure if that was an error on your part or if the date closed was then. If that is the case it should've fell off a couple years ago. Next, you would NOT contact Chase to remove an aged account. You would contact the credit bureaus. You can sometimes get accounts removed six months prior to the seven year mark on Transunion and two or three months early with Equifax and Experian. All three credit bureaus have websites with contact info and instructions on how to make corrections to your credit reports. 

MichiganRO

Thanks the the reply, I copy and pasted the info right off my report the the dates are accurate.
I'll contact the reporting agencies and see what we see.