Question

vic12345que

Victoria Secret Credit Card
Anyone else have trouble getting them to update the bureaus? I got the card in April and they alerted the bureaus in May. It's now July and no payments have been reported any of the credit bureaus. I got a Discover Card in May and they report swiftly and will update in the middle of the cycle if you ask. Why isn't Victoria Secret updating the bureaus? Also, I called and was 1st told it takes 30 - 45 days although I've passed that, then a supervisor told me it takes 10 days ... way passed that ... I'm having to dispute to get my account updated and I'm hoping this won't delete the record.

Most Helpful Response

Store Credit Cards

While not familiar with this exact card, I have opened a couple store cards and found that the reporting is much less thorough than my credit cards through Capital One or Discover.  One of my store cards only shows up on one of my credit reports.  As a result I have more accounts on one report.

I often don't carry a balance on these store cards unless there is a 0% financing promotion and I need an item.  I find the rewards from the Discover and Capital One cards to be much better.