Question

chet8504

Very Small Medical Collection - What to do with it?
I have one collection on my file and here is the info:

Omni Management (Collection from a doctor’s bill – third company to own it)
Balance: $50
Pay status: In Collection
Falling Off: 5/2020

I called the original doctor's billing company and they said they sold the debt to them over a year ago. The doctor's office was able to pull up all of the details about the bill. The Collection Agency now owns it though.

I sent the agency a PFD letter and they just sent me back a letter saying they had received the debt and will assume validity unless I dispute it. They said they can go back and get contact information for the original owner if I wanted it.

How should I best handle this? I can pay it, but I would really like to get it off of my report somehow.

Thanks for your help!