Question

Wikimom

Very Old Student Loans Reporting
I have a student loan with missed payments (closed) from 2006 still showing on my report. I've never seen anything stay on a report so long. Has anyone else experienced this, and what can I do to have it removed?

If you have not paid the student loans, they will be there until paid since student loans do not have a Statute of Limitations so do not fall off after several years.  If you DO have the loan paid, you must have an excellent payment record and should celebrate the loan being reported even now because that is a positive on your credit and we want all the positives possible.