Question

wolfmom21fl

Very Limited Inc. Cannot afford to pay collection acct
I have several accounts that have gone into collections. I am on Soc. Sec. Disability and ALL of these accounts are for medical bills that were not covered, or were co-insurance after insurance company paid their share. I am not going to be able to pay these now, or probably ever with my limited income. I have spoken to most of them and of course they want the full amount and some have offered payment schedules, but i cannot even do that. I am barely able to pay my rent and utilities. I sent letter to all of the ORIGINAL creditors to try to get them to forgive the debt because of my situation and a few of them did but not all. I don't know what to do... these accounts are obviously wreaking havoc on my score....

Most Helpful Response

And they likely will unless you can find some disposable income in wich to make payments acceptable to them. Maybe it is time that you seeked public assistance? I'm surprised that the medical providers did not suggest that to you.

wolfmom21fl

Yes, i am currently on "share of cost" Medicaid. I was on FULL medicaid when i was receiving SSI but these bills are from last summer and are not eligible for payment under Medicaid because they were more than 3 months prior to my eligibility date. I am so desperate to get rid of these, that i was thinking of just sending them a few dollars a month...there really is not anything else i can do...UGH!

wolfmom21fl

Also, my rent, utilities and phone expenses leaves me with less than 100.00 to put gas in my vehicle and pay the insurance as well as buy household stuff like toilet paper. I use the local food banks when my food stamps run out each month and my medicines are provided under my currrent Medicaid situation. I just cannot get anything out to them... If i send a few dollars and they refuse it, can i get rid of the debt that way? like if they refuse a payment?