Question

rjday63

Very confused, Capital One Venture Card
I am very confused. My FICO's are 797 TU; 794 Equifax; 769 Experian; 4% utilization; 46k in avaiable credit; No late payments, no Judgements; No public records; and income to debt ratio is 9%. I researched carefully reading reviews for the Capital One Venture Card. People with scores of 650 to 680 being automatically approved and recieved the "we will let you know in 7-10 business days. I have always worked hard on my credit. My oldest account is ten years old. I read where people with just a one year old secured card were automatically approved, even some with bankrupcies. I am in the Philippines on business for two months. Could applying with a over-seas ip address affect my application? Please, only reply if you have specific knowlege. I don't need an education on basic credit. However, if you have knowlege of this circumstance, please help. Thank you.

Yes, it could have triggered a fraud alert. I would look for the 'backdoor number' for Capital One and talk to a rep...see if they need more info or contact the 'executive office' to look into this. Now, a 7-10 day message doesn't mean your approved but it certainly doesn't mean your declined. Be proactive and make a phone call or email.