Question

creditworthygirl

Verizon and returned equipment
I returned equipment to them, however they claim I never returned it. Therefore they are charging me for equipment that they claim they never received. Because I use the return label I have no record of that. Therefore I am showing an unpaid balance on my credit report which they will not remove. After several discussions with Verizon they refuse to remove this despite the fact that I cannot reduce any proof proof that I sent it back because I used their return label and lock for the equipment. My question is, why isn't the consumers word against the creditor and it always defaults to the creditor?

The burden of proof is on you.  Next time, make a copy of the return label.  Keep in mind that it's up to you to provide evidence that you shipped something.