Question

curious1000

verify or dispute first?
I've reordered my credit reports via snail mail recently. I'm expecting errors on my report. I plan to try to correct the errors. questions, 1.) Should I try to verify the disputed information first with the reporting collections agency or just go straight to the credit reporting agency instead? 2.) what should I ask to verify or dispute.... I know I'll dispute accounts not mine, accounts that are past the 7 year mark, but what about inaccurate late payment dates or debt I agree I owe but not the amounts being reported? Thanks for any thoughts you all might have for me.

Dispute inacuracies

Validate Accounts you don't recognize or Question the validity of.  Validation letters should be sent to the CRA's that list the info.

Info on accounts that you know you have but some of the info is not correct such as late pays or balances that you believe aren't correct should be "Disputed"

Good Luck