Question

nic082

Varying credit report timing
I applied for a credit card yesterday and got approved instantly. Within a few minutes, I checked my report and there is already a hard inquiry. I paid off another credit card last week and that hasn't reflected yet on my report. Is there an explanation as to why there is a difference in timing of the report?

Most credit card companies only report balances once per month. When a credit card company or other lender pulls your credit, the inquiry is instantaneous as they are requesting your info (usually see it within a day, which is a good thing in case someone other than you is trying to get credit in your name).