Question

Curiousaboutalot

Using someone else's pre approval letter to get your card
My friend told me she used her mothers Capital One Pre approval reservation number to get a credit card in her own name. She used her own social security number, date of birth, and all information. The only thing she did was use the reservation code and access code from a letter her mother received. She in no way used her mothers identity. She was approved for a $10k limit. She said her mother has a great history with Capital One. She had her own Capital One card but only had a $500 limit. Has anyone ever heard of this before or did it and it worked for them?

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me and I definitely would not advise such a thing.