Question

vandell2

Using credit card to purchase groceries for parents, they reimburse me, will it boost my score?

Most Helpful Response

well as long as your paying your bill on time...  that is always the key... pay on time and dont let your utl get above 10%

vandell2

Can I go up to 10%, pay the bill, and repeat multiple times in the same month? Or is going up to 10% multiple times a month not recommended?

As already said, make sure that when your card reports to the credit bureaus that you are not using more than 10% of the credit line. Your scores can be dinged for utilization over that percentage. While cycling a bunch of money through a card each month may help you get a credit line increase from that lender in the future, it does nothing for your credit scores. Make sure that you spend time to read everything you can about credit, the knowledge that you gain will help you the rest of your life, that is time well spent.

vandell2

So this method won't increase my credit score, but rather the amount that lender would be willing to give me?