Question

tori205

Using card after statement balance paid in full
Today is 07/06 and my due date for my bill was 07/20. I paid the balance in full on 06/23. Can I still use my card again and pay it back before the 07/20 due date? Or will a new due date be generated since I've already paid last months payment in full?

Most Helpful Response

You can use the card again any time.  Just do not make the payment by July 20 or you will hurt your credit score a bit.  Wait until the next bill comes in and pay what is shown on that before its due date.

Please take the time to read some of the articles on credit (look on the left side of this page under RESOURCES) so you can have a better understanding of how credit works and how to make it work to your benefit.  That is what Credit Karma is all about.  I'd like you to understand "usage" and how the billing cycles work out.  I learned a lot that was not taught in my accounting classes.  It's fun to have that knowledge!

tori205

I've been trying to find a thread on this subject but I haven't had any luck. I'll look around some more .And you mentioned waiting until the bill comes  and pay whatever the balance is before the due date. My bill came in on 06/23 and I paid the bill in full before the due date  (07/20), are you saying that will hurt my credit score?  Thank you again in advance.