Question

Rykstone

Using AMEX Delta CC like a charge card?
I am trying to book four(4) plane tickets to New Orleans with my AMEX Delta. However, my limit on the card is only $1K. Each ticket is $675. How do I go about trying to purchase 4 tickets? I know I cant pre-pay like my AMEX charge but I want the points and added benefits with the Delta. Is the only way to buy the tickets is to purchase 1 per day and pay it off and do it again to take up 4 days of buying tickets? Can this even be done? The tickets are for my wife, two kids, and myself. Then I run the risk of not being sat together. Any help or advice would be appreciated

Did you contact AMEX?

How long have you had the account?  You may be able to ask for a credit limit increase.  I'd give AMEX a call and see if they can raise your credit limit, or temporarily raise it if you're planning to instantly pay the balance.