Question

newminicoop

Used car purchase not impacting my credit score
I purchased a used car from a dealer. I put $5500 down and paid the rest off in two additional payments. However, I don't see that this major purchase has impacted my score at all? Is there any way to add this? I feel like it would help my score. I'm not sure if it was considered a lease because I paid it off so quickly but the (kinda sketchy) dealer did give me paperwork outlining that I put money down and was to pay off the rest.

The dealer did not report it to the credit agencies, there is no obligation for the dealer to do so. There is no way that you can add the loan to your credit reports. In the future, make sure before you go with a lender that they report to all three credit bureaus so you can get credit to your reports for on-time responsible payments.