Question

DMKlunder

Updated accounts after bankruptcy??
I had a bankruptcy discharged in May of this year, but when I look at my information in Credit Karma, things that were discharged still show up. How long after a bankruptcy gets discharged does it take for the information to be updated?

Most Helpful Response

Keep an eye on your report after bk

Even though everything should show up as discharged in bankruptcy (other than things like student loans), watch for your credit reports to make sure they are actually listed as such, if not you will want to send the CRAs a copy of your discharge and creditor list.

51freshstart

What does  CRA stand for?

Just field chapter 7 how long will it take to clean my report

After Discharged Bankruptcy

After a bankruptcy is discharged, does your credit score improve?

my score after bankruptcy

My credit score has improved since my April discharge....but the public record is still there. So I think that you can get a better score. But you need to be super careful about improving your credit. I am totally gun shy about any credit applications. At best I have a Bill Me Later account through PayPal, but I do not want anything else for awhile.

credit companies report every three months. Your credit report should start showing soon.

Kell5355

If everything is filed accurately in the bankruptcy, will a credit score improve?

bankruptcy

does your score increase once the bankruptcy comes off