Question

Therian86

Update Info Without Giving Access to Accounts?
Credit Karma hasn't updated my credit cards as of yet....my limit has been raised on one card (about two weeks ago) and I have had a second credit card for over 3 months now that hasn't been added yet.

I want to add this information but I don't want this website having my login info for those accounts, anything I can do?

Hi Therian86,
Linking your accounts to Credit Karma doesn't update your credit report. Your creditors must provide the updates to the credit bureau. Most changes take about a month to see on your credit report, so it might be a few weeks before you see the credit limit reflected. It's possible your new card doesn't report to TransUnion. Creditors are not required to report to all three bureaus. Contact your card issuer directly to ask which bureaus they report to. 

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the response Kayleigh, they have a FICO score check on their website and it says they report to TransUnion so we should be good. Perhaps it will just take a little bit of time for the changes to update. I wanted to let it be known it's not that I don't trust credit karma with my information but no website is 100% secure and I would like to avoid causing problems should any account I own become comprimised.