Question

Reasoner31

Unusually big drop in credit score
My credit score went from 805 to 748 in a year. We moved so I know there was a hard inquiry check on my credit in June of 2016 and then I invested some money into a company. I did not know they would do a hard check but it shows a security investment company as my second hard inquiry and that is the only possibility. Could two hard checks make it drop that much? Nothing else has changed?

Two hard inquiries should not do that to a score especially since they are somewhat aged. The best thing for you to do is to stop following the Vantage scores here and purchase your FICO scores from time to time and look at them. FICO scores are the important ones. I also want to be sure that you have open accounts that are being reported to the credit bureaus now, if you don't have any accounts being reported then that could be a big part of your problem.