Question

Tritchlerj

Unsecured Credit card
What unsecured credit cards will give me a line of credit with a score of 551? on transunion my score doesn't show up anymore but a score of 625 on equifax?

Actually, this website will give you recommendations based on your score, including secured cards.

Most Helpful Response

Don’t know if this will help but in 2012 I was able to open a Capital One unsecured Mastercard with a credit rating of about 605. Because it was such a low amount I would not worry about running it up to near it’s limit and paying it off every month. After about a year they upped me to a 2k limit. The card did not have any real perks but it also did not have an annual fee. I still have it (6k limit now) and use it once a month for small purchases to show activity. I considered it a good card and it did exactly what I hoped it would do.

Five years later, I have a 755 TU/Exp score and over 50K in available credit through multiple cards. Good luck and keep at it!