Question

anthonyb81

Unneeded Credit Cards
I have two credit cards that I don't use nor do I see myself using in the future. One is medical for Care Credit (not needed now since I'm military) and a store card which I don't shop at anymore. Both accounts are paid off. Should I cancel these cards or carry them forever? I don't want them to hurt my credit because they are not used.

Right now you're benefiting from them because the available credit adds to your total available credit which helps your debt to credit ratio. I would leave them open for as long as you can (until the lender closes them). Cut them up so you can't use them and just forget about them.