Unlawful Forclosure - How Can I get it taken off of my credit?
I had a home loan with Chase bank that I purposely fell behind on in order to qualify for a Loan Modification. I filed all paperwork about a million times and my file was actually "IN REVIEW" status. When a file is "IN REVIEW" they are not supposed to touch it. Well, they touched it ok, they foreclosed on it even after constant phone calls and reassurance from the bank that they would not do anything to it. I was only 3 payments behind and now my credit is destroyed and Chase will not do anything about it. All they did was give it to a company to sell it and after reducing the price about $50,000 below value, they sold it. They could have helped me sell it as they received even more than I owed in the first place. My balance was about $100,000 and they sold it for $125,000! Please help. I have consulted an attorney and although he thought I had a very strong case, I can not afford to go that route and he would not do a contingency case. Please help. This is so wrong and has and will continue to effect my life for the rest of my life!