Question

Copper2015

Unknown listing on report
I have a delinquent account listed on my report I just became aware of because I was declined for a credit card. I had never heard of the company and would not have bought anything from them. Should I dispute it through the company or the reporting agency (and do I have to dispute it through all agencies separately?) or should I just wait til the 5 years is up (only 6 more months) for it to drop off?

Delinquent accounts/late payments last on your credit reports for 7 years... I certainly do not want to be penalized for something that wasn't mine.