Question

medic149aj

Unknown authorized users on credit card account
Long story short, I found out that there were 4 additional authorized users on my Capital One credit card account that I did not authorize. Found this out when a new credit card came to my home with someone elses name on it. When I called Capital One, they told me that there were 4 people who were recently authorized as users and each one was sent a card with their own credit card number, but still on my account. I had to close my account and Capital One is sending me a new card. Has anyone ever had this happen to them or heard of it happening?? Even Capital One said this was very unusual because all 4 names used my home address.

That is one reason for the recommendation to check all three credit reports every year and dispute anything that is wrong or unknown on your credit reports. You might want to reread the articles here since the purpose of Credit Karma is teaching about credit.